Wednesday 4 April 2012

Farcebook....

What a 'farce' Facebook' is turning out to be...
Social forums, to create links between people, areas, and advertise businesses... YOU THINK?
.
.
Despite not adding a friend for - erm I don't know how long - I have had a 14 day!!! block placed on me, thus rendering me unable to add friends, and I have only added people I have known, selling pages and or friends of friends, something everyone does...

So who has blocked me by doing this? Either a disgruntled relative for some rediculous reason, or maybe one of the selling pages, for reasons of? well a competative nature... Can that be right? wouldn't healthy relationships between people and creators etc be something we should be engendering as a newly cropped down world. Mrs Mctavish in Scotland is now closer to Johny Denimdrawers in USA than ever before..

The ladies in the Lib Quilting group are my 'friends' but I don't know them face to face, I know their names and their blocks (its a quilter thing), (a bit like dog owners knowing people by their dogs). Does that make the world a more competative place to live in? No it makes it a better educated world, people are more able to share ideas, these ideas then get translated into the way another would do it, this is then translated by another so on and so forth...

I wouldn't suggest this is a bad thing, not at all. My youngest daughter now has an array of Pillowcase dresses she wouldn't have had if not for the charity, dress a girl around the world. I used their influence, did some research and now can put a dress together without rummaging through pages of patterns. That is 'education' at its best, surely....?


No comments:

Post a Comment